Remodeling your Florida bathroom? Read our great design tips!
Are you thinking about bathroom remodeling in your Florida home? Create an atmosphere of personal indulgence, by giving yourself the luxury of having your own day spa right in the comfort of your own home. Bathrooms overall are the number one place in the house that gets remodeled the most because you will typically spend less for a bathroom renovation project, since the area is smaller than any other place in the house.
We would like to give you the following basic bathroom renovation tips to aid you with your remodel:
- Recess It – Bathroom remodeling gives you a chance to be creative. How about trying out that timeless old classic look by considering built-ins such as recessed medicine cabinets, toilet roll holders and soap dishes.
- Think Lighting – The bathroom is a place where most people visually inspect their hair and faces and it is important to add lighting around the bathroom mirror in the form of sconces when there is very dim and concentrated ceiling light coming from the ceiling.
- Fixtures and Color – Always use white or cream colored fixtures because colored fixtures tend to look very dated after only a few years and one of the advantages of having white in the bathroom is that you can change the color of towels etc. as you see fit.
- Mirrors – It’s important to think of mirrors in bathrooms not only for using them for the purpose of checking makeup or primping hair but also as a bathroom design element which expands the room visually and add light to the room. Adding a second mirror, in addition to the primary mirror near the bathroom sink is a good idea.
- Toilet Position – A very popular feng shui tip for the bathroom remodeling is that your toilet should never be positioned so that it is facing the door. A toilet should be positioned ninety degrees to the door or at least several feet away from the door.