Florida remodeling tips: 5 tips for designing your new kitchen
Redesigning your kitchen with expert kitchen remodeling services is a dream come true for many Florida homeowners. Unfortunately, many of us have never done it before – and that can result in some serious, costly mistakes! To make the best of your project, read this great advice:
- Assess your needs: Write a list of what you need, what you want and what your goals for the kitchen are. For example, do you want it to be an open, sociable space for family and friends? Do you want it to have the capabilities of a chef’s kitchen? Or do you want it to be an area where you can host dinner parties in style? This will help give your design focus.
- Focus on your work areas: A successful kitchen has everything easily within reach, no matter how big it is. Always keep in mind the ‘working triangle’ of your fridge, stove/oven and sink. You should have a clear path of a few feet between each area that is clear of obstacles and traffic, so that you can move freely while cooking.
- Maximize your space: A cluttered kitchen is a nightmare, so make sure that every aspect of your design is maximizing the space that you have. This might mean that you incorporate a mudroom or utility room that is separate to your kitchen.
- Consider your work surfaces: All great kitchens have significant work surfaces, but it is easy to forget exactly how much space you need. Think about how you can place any countertop appliances, how you can set out plates and dishes for serving dinner and how you can roll out pastry or prepare food in your kitchen in order to get a comfortable surface area. A kitchen island is a great option for achieving this in many spaces.
- Don’t compromise on quality appliances: While everyone has a limit to their budget, quality appliances are something you just shouldn’t compromise on. They’ll give you many years of top quality service and add considerable value to your home, so if your choice is between a light fitting or a better appliance, choose the appliance every time.
If you’d like more advice on designing your kitchen, Avery Home Remodeling is here to help! We have extensive experience in the industry and know exactly how to help you get the most out of your space. Contact us today and we can give you an estimate on our kitchen remodeling services in Florida in just 24 hours!Tags: Florida, Kitchen remodeling